“I thought the format/discussion questions/facilitation all excellent. Thanks so much for the thought you put into our board [retreat] last night … it was very very engaging. I can’t think of anything I would have done or suggested to make it different. It was really just what I hoped.” — Karen Binder, Executive Director, Blithewold Mansion, Gardens and Arboretum
Do you want a better board?
We help your board learn better practices while adapting our work to the unique needs and culture of your organization. Because there is more than one way to excellence in governance.
Your board benefits from our expertise, grounded in research and experience.
We’re not here to beat up your board members. Instead, we want to inspire them to reach high, to be all that they can be to make your organization strong and your vision real.
We also work with staff leadership to be a more effective partner with the board.
We’d love to work with you and your board.
Our services include:
- Self- assessment – to help jump start your board’s transformation
- Objective setting and planning – to get your board working again
- Recruitment – to find champions with the desired mix of skills, knowledge, attributes and connections
- Restructuring – to create the best committees, officers and procedures
- Revitalization – so board members feel desired and valued
- Coaching and leadership development – to provide support for your all important chair or executive director
- Meeting do-overs – to focus on what matters and deepen board engagement
- Policy development – to define organizational health and define the optimum relationship between board & staff
- Retreat facilitation – to help you get deeper into issues while building your board team
Get your board started on the path to improvement today!
Gayle’s book, How to Make Your Board Dramatically More Effective, Starting Today, is an easy to read and inspiring guide for your board. Order a copy for each of your board members, today.
Gayle is a member of the Governance Affinity Group of the Alliance for Nonprofit Management and a member of the research team that developed the groundbreaking study: Voices of Board Chairs.
Gayle is a contributor to You and Your Nonprofit Board: advice and practical tips from the Field’s top practitioners, researchers and provocateurs.