5 New Year Resolutions For Your Nonprofit
1. Passionately pursue that big vision of societal (or personal) change.
- Inspire other visionaries.
- Join dreams together.
- Be realistic, but don’t let obstacles become your excuse.
- Celebrate each step forward.
2. Ensure that you are trustworthy and worthy of support.
- Do what you have promised to do.
- Work on what matters.
- Measure, analyze, learn, adjust.
- Model your values and ethics.
3. Think and act strategically
- Understand the systems in which you operate
- Remember, everything is in motion.
- Seek knowledge, all kinds – you never know what you’ll need to know
- Find the leverage
- Seize opportunity
4. Love your donors
- Communicate, engage, thank.
- Don’t take anyone for granted.
- Love the small ones as much as the big ones.
5. Enable people who make things happen.
- Match the right talent to the right job.
- Agree on individual outcomes that matter.
- If you are seriously stuck, take another look at who’s doing the doing.
- Train, coach, mentor, reward.
- Remove the barriers you’ve put in their way.