Searching for the “perfect” board meeting
I’d know I was at the perfect board meeting if I …
- Got to think strategically and discuss a really important question
- Got to enjoy the company of my fellow directors when the heavy lifting was completed (over food and a nice glass of pinot noir)
- Didn’t have to sit through excruciatingly dull reports that I could do nothing about
- Found my usual thinking challenged – in a collegial and mind expanding way
- Experienced the passion of the mission in some symbolic way
- Shared a laugh now and then with my colleagues
- Knew how close we were to year end projections– and if we were off, we left with a satisfactory plan to close the budget gap
- Space was pleasant — windows, comfy seats and enough room to put all my stuff down.
- Felt the meeting mattered ? and that it mattered that I was there.
- Knew the meeting would start (and end) on time.
- Looked forward to the next meeting
That?s my list. What’s on your list?